Friday, November 16, 2012

Post 7.4.0.0 Theory of Geezer Memory Ratio

I have a theory. It's not a serious theory, but it amuses me. I tinker with it from time to time. For now, I'll pick a number. Let's say 24.

As people age, they tend to repeat themselves. What they're left with near the end is 24 narrative patterns. Those 24 are divided between anecdotes (stories or jokes), complaints, and reminiscences (vignettes about people or things). What kind of person you are determines the ratio. You get any number of songs.

I'm determined to be a low complaint person. This is probably because my dad was a
3/19/2 person.

Quite often, I think that I don't have the categories right. Any suggestions on categories will be welcomed. The number is a CBS number (clear blue sky - as in pulled out of the). I really doubt that anyone will ever do a study to determine the number. You can speculate about the number, if you like. It's the ratio that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment