Thursday, December 6, 2012

Post 7.6.0.0 Take 5 things in case of zombies

Someone posted a question online.  What 5 things would you grab in the case of a zombie apocalypse.

Me, I have bad knees. But then I don't get far from my van, so I'll just make that one of the things I take. In fairness, I won't stock the van for zombies, so it just has what's in it regularly. Which reminds me that I need to get my gym bag back to the van, so I'll have a towel.

Maybe I shouls also grab a bicycle in case I run out of gas. That's two.

Three would be my dog. Four might be dog food. Nah. I'm going to need a blanket or sleeping bag.

I don't have any typical anti-zombie weapons around. The closest thing I can think of is a shovel. If I get to shop around, I'd look for an old style bung tool. (That name always makes me smile.)

Bung tools are used for opening the bungs on 55 steel gallon barrels. Back in the day, bungs weren't standardized, so the bung tool was this roughly club shaped brass thing with various protrusions on the end, meant to fit different styles of bungs. I had a job once that called for me to use one fairly regularly, and I was never able to pick it up without thinking "blunt instrument." It was a hefty, nasty looking sucker.

More modern ones are streamlined and lighter. The brass is to prevent sparks against the steel, since a good number of 55 gallon drums are used to store various solvents and other flammable things. Sparks would be bad.


Heh. Bung tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment